The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for our web site: www.aries.net.
Information we collect and how we use it:
In order to provide our full range of products and services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide - When you sign up for a Aries account, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, physical address or email address and a password for your account), we also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers.
- Log information - When you use Aries products or services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, computer operating system, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications - When you send email or other communication to Aries, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Affiliated sites - We offer some of our services in connection with other web sites. Personal information that you provide to Aries may be sent to our affiliates in order to deliver their service. We process such information in accordance with this Policy.
- Links - Aries may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our customized content.
- Disclosure as required by law such as to comply with law, a subpoena or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a written government request;
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so;
- Providing our products and services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services.
Aries processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. By using our services, you consent to the transfer of your information among these facilities, including those located outside your country.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular product or service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy, to enhance and/or to allow you to perform or utilize the particular product or service, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent. You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case Aries may not be able to provide those services to you.
We may provide contact lists to third party companies that we have employed to provide us with specialized services, including customer service, subscription fulfillment, research, statistical analysis, list cleansing, postal mailings, email deployment, telemarketing, and other information services. Aries may share personal information with other trusted advertisers, third party marketers, our affiliated entities for their online and/or offline marketing programs. As a result, From time to time our sponsors wish to contact our subscribers and you may receive information on additional products, services and offers that may be of interest to you. While Aries strongly encourages clients and partners to adopt responsible approaches to online marketing, Aries is not responsible for the information practices of clients or their partners. The collection, use, and disclosure of information by clients and partners are subject to their respective privacy policies, which may differ from Aries' policy.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures.
To maintain integrity on our site, we use a standard 128 bit SSL secure server for all financially related transactions. Contact information from the order form is used to send orders and information about our company to our customers. Users may opt out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below. Financial information that is collected is used to bill the user for products and services and not for any other purpose unless we obtain your consent.
In addition to the security measures above, Cisco Systems Infosec is notified whenever there is a reasonable belief that unencrypted personal information has been disclosed to an unauthorized party and additional measures may be taken as a result.
Accessing and updating personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary. We provide mechanisms for updating and correcting your personally identifying information for many of our services. For more information, please see the help pages for each service or contact us.
- WE DO NOT knowingly collect online contact information of minors without prior parental consent or parental notification. Without prior consent, online information will only be used to respond directly to the child's request or to allow the child to utilize the product or service and will not be used for other commercial purposes without prior parental consent, unless we have retained them to perform services on our behalf.
- WE DO NOT distribute for commercial purposes to third parties any personally identifiable information without prior parental consent, unless we have retained them to perform services on our behalf.
We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate and monitor the interactive activities of their children.
Aries regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or Aries' treatment of personal information by contacting us through this web site or by writing to us at Aries Technology, Inc., 1445 W. 12th Place Tempe, AZ 85281-3254. When we receive formal written complaints at this address, we may contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. When appropriate, we will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Aries and an individual.
Changes to this policy
Registration; User Names and Passwords
You may be required to register with Aries in order to access certain areas of the Site or products or services. With respect to any such registration, we may refuse to grant you, and you may not use, a user name (or email address) that is already being used by someone else; that may be construed as impersonating another person; that belongs to another person; that violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person; that is offensive; or that we reject for any other reason in our sole discretion. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password you may use to access the Site, and agree not to transfer your password or user name, or lend or otherwise transfer your use of or access to the Site, to any third party. You are fully responsible for all interaction with the Site that occurs in connection with your password or user name. You agree to immediately notify Aries of any unauthorized use of your password or user name or any other breach of security related to your account or the Site, and to ensure that you "log off"/exit from your account with the Site (if applicable) at the end of each session. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with any of the foregoing obligations.
We welcome your comments regarding this website. However, any comments, feedback, notes, messages, ideas, suggestions or other communications (collectively, "Comments") sent to Aries shall be and remain the exclusive property of Aries. Your submission of any such Comments shall constitute an assignment to Aries of all worldwide rights, titles and interests in all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in the Comments. Aries will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, publish and distribute any material you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. For this reason, we ask that you not send us any comments that you do not wish to assign to us, including any confidential information or any original creative materials such as stories, product ideas, computer code or original artwork.
Moreover, if you submit to Aries comments, photographs, videos, music, text or other content, it may be published online or offline (including on-air, on a CD or DVD, through wireless distribution, and transmission of soft copies, or any other media or format currently existing or hereafter developed), and we may publish your name, voice, likeness and other personal information in connection with publishing the content or a portion of the content, and we may use the content and any excerpt from the content in connection with advertising, marketing, publicity and promotional activities. Please also see "Submissions" in our Terms and Conditions, which governs any content you submit through the Web Sites. Please note that information submitted to the Web Site via a "contact us," "help" or other similar e-mail address or form will not necessarily receive a response.
Correction of Errors and Inaccuracies
The information on this website may contain typographical errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. We therefore reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Aries Technology provides users the opportunity to opt out of receiving communications from us at the point where we request information about the visitor. Aries Technology also provides users options for removing their information from our database and to not receive future communications. To opt out, please use the opt-out or unsubscribe link provided in the product, service or registration email.
Links to Other Sites.
Enforcement of Terms and Conditions
By accessing and using the Aries website, you agree that your access to and use of this website is subject to these terms and conditions, as well as all applicable laws, as governed and interpreted pursuant to the laws of the state of Arizona, United States of America.
How to Contact Us